As a new owner of IFW, I'm curious about using IFW on a new Dell Server running windows server 2019 with three drives in RAID 5. I was planning on installing IFW on the server and back up an image, scheduled about once a month (overnight preferably) to an external drive. (probably a 1Tb Western Digital My Passport) The total volume of the server is 300Gb. This is something I am able to do, right? It should be easy to do, right?
So one question I have is when an image is backed up in this manner, do subsequent backups need any user input about the image name already exists, etc? Is it really automatic or is it going to ask me "image/filename already exists, do you want to overwrite/replace?" I'm guessing it won't, and that when I schedule the time to do the back up it should just overwrite onto the external WD....right?
I'm sorry, I've never used IFW before but Steve Gibson highly recommended it and he uses it himself. http://www.grc.com
Thanks for your input. I'm hoping I'll never have to restore a server image (god forbid) but if I do it looks like Restore is as easy as doing a backup, from the screenshots.
Philip
P.S. I've added a screenshot of the drives. (Obviously It's larger than 300gb? *shrug*)