When I make partitions on my Drive 0 with BIBM I can easily restore an image to them using IFW and since I have never had success with installing Windows to a BIBM partion this is the only way I put Windows where I want it. I use MBR.
When I try to install Win 7 from a DVD I get complaints from Windows about it not being satisfied with the way the partition is set up and I usually have to get Windows to delete the partition, repartition the space, format it and only then am I able to install from Windows DVD. Then I have to go into BIBM and move it around or expand/contract, whatever I want from there.
Is this the only way to install Windows when using BIBM?
Several years ago I installed Win 7 on this disk 0 by using an XP install CD/DVD (whatever it is) and made the partitions, let Windows 7 make it's little partition then used the BIBM instructions to move the booting components to the main partition and used the little one for BIBM.
Then a few weeks ago I decided to do a clean install of Windows 7 x32 since I had never installed x32 and ran into the problem above.
So then I imaged my C-Drive and just had BIBM wipe my whole 1TB disk and start over. I wiped it from the BIBM install that is on the disk. That didn't work either and now Windows DiskPart doesn't even recognize partitions made and hidden by BIBM as being hidden. (I don't know if it did before
I know this is long-winded but I don't want to drag this out to a thread that takes up everyone's time hence the information overload. So my question is...
How can I get BIBM and Windows to live happily together so that I can make my partitions only in BIBM and still install Windows from DVD/USB without complaint? If it isn't possible that's fine, I just would like to know so I can quit wasting my time in the effort. If there are boxes in BIBM that I need to check please let me know what they are. Anyway, Thanks for any help anyone can provide.