TBWinPE Error: "image couldn't be mounted successfully"

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pablo

TBWinPE Error: "image couldn't be mounted successfully"

Post by pablo »

I'm unable to create new recovery media with IFW 3.09 because I keep getting this error. Specifically, "Error: Unable to mount WinPE image (9,0x3)" from the log.

Subsequent tries after emptying the 'ISO' and 'mount' folders fail. The 'Windows Kits/10' folder was saved to another drive for use in updating my TBWinPE thumb drive.

The last time I updated the USB stick was for v3.03 and I had no problems.
pablo

Re: TBWinPE Error: "image couldn't be mounted successfully"

Post by pablo »

I didn't realize that I still had ADK installed in Windows even though I was using the '10' folder on another drive. I don't know if that was a problem or not.

Anyway, I uninstalled Windows ADK and deleted the '10' folder on D:\. Then I did a fresh install of Win ADK for 1607, and had no problems mounting the image and creating a bootable UFD for 3.09.

After moving the new '10' folder to D:\, I uninstalled ADK again fro C:\. I then opened the TBWinPE Builder, changed the path to D:\10, and had no problems creating another image file.

#problemsolved
Fracso

Re: TBWinPE Error: "image couldn't be mounted successfully"

Post by Fracso »

I had this same problem some time ago, reported it in this forum.

It happened with WADK for 1607. It hasn´t occurred with WADK for 1703. I couldn´t pinpoint the cause of the problem.

The workarounds are: to use the TBWinPE.cmd script instead of the Builder, or to create a WinRE, or to use IFL.