Restoration> defragmentation?

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
paul_6
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Restoration> defragmentation?

Post by paul_6 »

Hi,
Does the restoration of an image (full image, not partial) perform a sort of defragmentation of the (destination) drive? Or are the data replaced exactly where they were?? Or...something between....!?
Thks,
Paul
Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Restoration> defragmentation?

Post by Bob Coleman »

I had hoped someone more qualified would give a more definitive answer, but I'm fairly confident the data is put back exactly where it was.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Restoration> defragmentation?

Post by TeraByte Support »

correct, it's an image.

"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I had hoped someone more qualified would give a more definitive answer, but
I'm fairly confident the data is put back exactly where it was.

paul_6
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: Restoration> defragmentation?

Post by paul_6 »

Ok, thanks!
Post Reply