The problem is most likely unaligned extended partition/volumes.
You should only move/restore an entire extended partition to a drive that has the same geometry as the original. In general all drives above 8GB have the same geometry and drives below 8GB (that aren't the same size) have different geometries.
To fix this you'll need to do several steps, in general they are:
- Disable the Align on End option under Settings.
- Slide the extended partition either direction so that it does move.
- Resize the end of the extended partition to be larger (say 20MB free inside).
- Slide all the volumes, starting at the end, down a small number of MB (say 8MB).
- Enable the Align on End option under Settings.
- Resize all the volumes, keeping them the same size.
- Optionally, slide all the volumes back up.
- Optionally, resize the end of the extended partition to have 0 free space inside.