BootIt NG includes a feature called Image Sets, which eases repetitive imaging tasks. Image sets let you define and execute one or more imaging operations at a time. An image set can be invoked from within BootIt NG itself, or using BootNow, as explained in the article How To Run a BootIt NG Image Set Using BootNow.
Please note the following:
- The use of image sets is limited to registered users of BootIt NG.
- BootIt NG must be installed to a hard drive in order for the image set feature to be used.
- Image sets do not support the saving of image files to CD/DVD.
Creating an Image Set in BootIt NG
- Click the Image Set icon on the BootIt NG desktop. The Open - Image Set window appears.
- In the File Name text box of the Open - Image Set window, enter the name you would like to use for the image set, then click OK. (In the examples to be used in this article, the image set name BACKUP will be used for purposes of illustration.) The Image Set - BACKUP.IMS window appears.
- Click the Add button in the Image Set - BACKUP.IMS window. The Add window appears.
- In the Add window, select the source hard drive and partition, the target hard drive and partition, the name to be used for the image files, the maximum image file size, and the desired validation options. When you are done, click OK to save your changes.
- Repeat Steps 3 & 4 for any additional imaging operations you would like this image set to carry out, if any.
- When you have all desired imaging operations defined in the Image Set - BACKUP.IMS window, click OK to save your changes. (You can also use the Save As button to save a copy of the image set under a different name.)
You now have an image set defined.