Page 1 of 1

Update a TBI-WinPE Ver without starting over?

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:29 am
by engineerguy3809
I have a backup USB drive with two partitions.
One partiton is bootable TBW with WinPE.
Second partition is for data (my actual image files).
Due to recent issues with V2.77, I've updated from V2.77 to V2.79 (this resolved my program issues).
However, Can I update the TBW boot setup on my backup drive (installed in the Win-PE partition) without a complete wipe, recreate and reinstall?
I've searched on forum and knowledge base but might not have searched for the correct key words.
Is there a Knowledge Base writeup how to do this?
Thanks (hopefully) in advance.

Re: Update a TBI-WinPE Ver without starting over?

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:46 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Just run the TBWinPE build again (you can cancel MakeDisk -- don't need to create any boot media) and then copy the boot.wim file from the winpe\ISO\sources (or winpe64\ISO\sources) folder to your hard drive partition's \sources folder.

Re: Update a TBI-WinPE Ver without starting over?

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:17 am
by engineerguy3809
Excellent !
I'm VERY grateful.
I never dreamed it would be so simple.