Phylock cannot lock drive (but used to)

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
engineerguy3809

Phylock cannot lock drive (but used to)

Post by engineerguy3809 »

TBW and TB-PE V2.77
Windows XP SP-3
1.5TB HD in three partitions.
Up to recently, my Image for Windows has been working. No new apps added to system, but I believe Windows has done a couple of updates since my last image creation. When I now attempt to create an image, or do a differential-image, Phylock is unable to get a lock on the drive (even after 10-15 minutes). I tried booting into my Win-PE build and it does the exact same thing. I can see no other apps running under Windows XP, and I'm especially surprised it does the same thing under Win-PE. I've ran both SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes (even ran both in Windows Safe-Mode), so I don't believe any malware is running in background. Where should I proceed next to permit Phylock to get a lock on the drive to create an image.?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Phylock cannot lock drive (but used to)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

PhyLock is not used in the PE builds -- it just uses a normal disk lock. Are you sure you're getting a PhyLock error when booted to the WinPE build?

Do the logs show anything?

You could try installing the latest version of IFW (2.79) and making sure PhyLock gets installed with it.

Otherwise, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling PhyLock?
engineerguy3809

Re: Phylock cannot lock drive (but used to)

Post by engineerguy3809 »

Thanks,
Updating to V 2.79 fixed the problem. I don't have a clue what was conflicting. Now I need to re-create my PE build and save it again.
Also, I never noticed PhyLock wasn't used in PE builds. Previously, I simply followed the instructions to create it . . and everything worked like clockwork.
Another question somewhat related since I've updated versions:
If I previously created a Baseline Image with V2.77, can I safely point to it as my initial image and create a Differential Image using V2.79?
My initial Baseline is rather large, and I usually only create one every 6 months and then do differential images in between/