TBWinRE difficulties

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
bbearren

Re: TBWinRE difficulties

Post by bbearren »

I restored a drive image from 1/20/13, re-ran TBWinRE.cmd with the appropriate path statements for IFW, TBIView and TBOSD Tool Suite Pro, and successfully rebuilt winre.wim. I can successfully load the Windows RE as a boot option, IFW launches as it should, but I have no network access. I can cancel IFW, select my OS, logon as Admin, then re-launch IFW. But I still have no network access - can't locate the UNC share.

What should I do next? I have my network setup as a home network, not a Home Group.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The default build settings are to initialize the network. If you haven't changed that, I would assume you need to add the drivers for the NIC to the build.
bbearren

Post by bbearren »

I used Windows AIK for Windows 7 to add the NIC drivers to the WinRE.wim image, and that did the trick as far as using the Windows RE from the boot menu. I'll rerun the ISO with the new WinRE.wim and that should do it for the boot disk, as well.

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. I participate if a few Windows help forums, and I always praise and recommend TeraByte products, cite my long and satisfied customer association, and give you guys in support kudos as well. I've never been disappointed. Thanks again.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

In case you're not aware, you can also add drivers automatically when creating the build by placing the driver files into the "Drivers" sub-folder (e.g. \TBWinRE\Drivers). Nothing wrong with adding them to the base WIM, though.