TBIVew needs to Run As Admin to access files
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 pm
I have IFW 2.78 and with it comes TBIView V4.31.3. I'm not sure why we need the different sequences, but that does not matter too much. I believe that this TBIView was the one that installed correspondingly with the installation of 2.78. In any case, they both work quite well, and I welcome the changes mentioned in the change-log for this version, most especially the addition of incremental backups. Awesome! This program just gets better and better.
I do have a question about one difference I noticed with TBIView. I have a PC with 64-bit Win 7, and I used IFL to do a full disk backup of all its partitions onto a locally attached USB device. When I finished and booted into Windows, I opened TBIView to take a look at the backup files to verify it worked right. In the past when I did this, I just clicked on the tbi file and it loaded the file system, viola. This time it was different, saying that I did not have permission to view this file. What I did then was to take ownership of it and restart TBIView but this time starting it by right-clicking and choosing to Run As Administrator. This was what I needed because it now worked fine, opened and looked good. I tried a second time and it again required that I Run As Administrator. This is not a problem with me, but is this expected behavior? Was this change expected?
Secondly, is there any way during a backup with IFL in which I have booted into the CD environment, to affect the system time it is set to use? I ask because I noticed that the backed up image files are off from my clock by six hours, the same as the difference in local time and GMT. I would prefer that my files have my local time, I suppose, but it is not critical.

I do have a question about one difference I noticed with TBIView. I have a PC with 64-bit Win 7, and I used IFL to do a full disk backup of all its partitions onto a locally attached USB device. When I finished and booted into Windows, I opened TBIView to take a look at the backup files to verify it worked right. In the past when I did this, I just clicked on the tbi file and it loaded the file system, viola. This time it was different, saying that I did not have permission to view this file. What I did then was to take ownership of it and restart TBIView but this time starting it by right-clicking and choosing to Run As Administrator. This was what I needed because it now worked fine, opened and looked good. I tried a second time and it again required that I Run As Administrator. This is not a problem with me, but is this expected behavior? Was this change expected?
Secondly, is there any way during a backup with IFL in which I have booted into the CD environment, to affect the system time it is set to use? I ask because I noticed that the backed up image files are off from my clock by six hours, the same as the difference in local time and GMT. I would prefer that my files have my local time, I suppose, but it is not critical.