Page 1 of 1

TBIview w/TBIMount 4.31/1.10

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 am
by tbifan39
I just downloaded the new version of TBIview with TBIMount. I get an error msg - "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is currently running" I tried downloading again from the IFW and IFD sections. Same error. I also tried running as Administrator. I am running Vista. What is going on? I am currently running version 4.30/1.09

Re: TBIview w/TBIMount 4.31/1.10

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 am
by TeraByte Support
sounds like your trying to run an x64 version on an x86 (32-bit) machine?
What are you running to get that message?

"tbifan39" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I just downloaded the new version of TBIview with TBIMount. I get an error
msg - "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is
currently running" I tried downloading again from the IFW and IFD sections.
Same error. I also tried running as Administrator. I am running Vista. What
is going on? I am currently running version 4.30/1.09


Re: TBIview w/TBIMount 4.31/1.10

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 am
by tbifan39
I am running Vista 32 bit. I use the download button under free add-ons in the IFW section. It is the same way I have always downloaded the add-on with no problems. May want to check to make sure TBI did not upload the wrong one to the server. There is no separate download for 32 and 64 bit.

Re: TBIview w/TBIMount 4.31/1.10

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 am
by TeraByte Support
it's all good - you downloaded tbiview_en.zip then you extract the contents
of it, and try to then run setup.exe, correct?

"tbifan39" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I am running Vista 32 bit. I use the download button under free add-ons in
the IFW section. It is the same way I have always downloaded the add-on with
no problems. May want to check to make sure TBI did not upload the wrong one
to the server. There is no separate download for 32 and 64 bit.


Re: TBIview w/TBIMount 4.31/1.10

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 am
by tbifan39
Yep...That's what I did.

Update - I decided to try to download one more time and extract the zip file to a different location. It worked. So weird. I guess the 4th or 5th download is a charm.

Re: TBIview w/TBIMount 4.31/1.10

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 pm
by DrTeeth
On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 19:35:38 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
tbifan39 disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>Update - I decided to try to download one more time and extract the zip file to a different location. It worked.

I have found so much strange and funky behaviour in Vista and its
successors to be due to folder permissions.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).