IfL v.2.78 copy fails
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm
I have a 1 TB disk with Windows 7 on it -- 100 MB reserved partition, 900+GB Win7 partition, 200 MB free space. I want to clone that to a new 2 TB disk, keeping the same partition sizes, so I just end up with 1TB+ unused.
I hooked up the 2 TB disk so it was HD0: 1 TB, HD1: 2 TB.
I booted IfL v.2.78, kept the defaults except for checking 'validate byte-for-byte' and 'align to target.' The copy and validate went OK, but at the very end there was some message about an inability to resize a partition. I'm sorry, but I didn't write it down. Then I disconnected the HD0, & connected the 2 TB drive in its place, and I booted up. Windows went into the setup-type mode it goes into when it cannot boot and said a device was missing.
What, if anything, did I do wrong? Or do I have some sort of hardware problems (cables, motherboard, etc.)?
I hooked up the 2 TB disk so it was HD0: 1 TB, HD1: 2 TB.
I booted IfL v.2.78, kept the defaults except for checking 'validate byte-for-byte' and 'align to target.' The copy and validate went OK, but at the very end there was some message about an inability to resize a partition. I'm sorry, but I didn't write it down. Then I disconnected the HD0, & connected the 2 TB drive in its place, and I booted up. Windows went into the setup-type mode it goes into when it cannot boot and said a device was missing.
What, if anything, did I do wrong? Or do I have some sort of hardware problems (cables, motherboard, etc.)?