I still use Thunderbird 17 for the Newsgroups in Win 7.
I also got Lightning and use the calendar regularly.
Mozbackup allows backing up your Thunderbird (as well as
Firefox) settings easily.
Don't know how either will work in Win 8.
FYI, Thunderbird versions 15 & 16 both had problems with
filters that assign where email is delivered. That seems to
have been resolved in TB 17, though.
Mary
On 12/28/2012 4:12 PM, Ed. wrote:
> OK, Thanks. I will try and see if Windows Live Mail will download and
> install in Windows 8.
> I preferred that when using Windows 7 over the web forums.
>
> If it don't work, I will use the web forums.
>
> Thanks Again,
> Ed.
>
> "TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> you can either use the web forums or you'll need to get a newsreader to use
> the newsreader interface.
>
> "Ed." wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> Does anyone know how to get these newsgroups in Windows 8 ?
>
> In Windows 7 I had them in "Windows Live Mail".
>
> I don't know if I need to download "Windows Live Mail" again or not.
>
> I see in Windows 8 I can do my mail but I don't see how to get newsgroups.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed.
>
>