Thanks for the reply. The vmdk file is a ±40 gig file on the D: drive. When I do the Image, I unmount the Virtual drive open IFW and "Add a Virtual Drive" select the vmdk file and image as normal. Nothing else on the hard drive is imaged. So I am imaging only the VMDK file not the complete hard drive. Will the restore of the vmdk file work as a full restore of the virtual drive?
TeraByte Support wrote:
> depend on what you want to do .. and what you have configured .. if you're
>
> D: is a .vmdk file and shows up as a physical drive with partitions then
> you'd have the option to backup that way, otherwise you'd have to add a
> virtual drive to the list (You'd wan to unmount so not in use). If you're
>
> inside the VM then you'd backup the vmdk file via the drive (it would look
>
> like a normal hard drive that you access).
>
> "VanBuran" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> I have a Virtual Drive that is on a separate hard disk. IE. C:= Operating
> System. D:=Virtual Drive.
> The question is when I image the virtual drive do I just image the Virtual
>
> file (.VMDK) or the whole hard drive?