Can I scale to fit smaller target?
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 pm
IFW Ver 2.77 on XP-SP3.
NTFS used on all partitions
I suspect this has been asked before, but I could not find a specific posting on the subject.
Forgive if it is a duplicate question.
I have an image of a single 500 GB partition containing only 200 GB of data and 300 GB blank formatted space.
Can I restore into an empty 300 GB partition?
The default settings in IFW results in error stating "insufficient space" (obviously, IFW is expecting at least a 500 GB target)
One work-around would be to mount the image and then copy all individual folders to the smaller target drive, but that would obviously take a lot of time and effort I would rather not spend.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or replies.
NTFS used on all partitions
I suspect this has been asked before, but I could not find a specific posting on the subject.
Forgive if it is a duplicate question.
I have an image of a single 500 GB partition containing only 200 GB of data and 300 GB blank formatted space.
Can I restore into an empty 300 GB partition?
The default settings in IFW results in error stating "insufficient space" (obviously, IFW is expecting at least a 500 GB target)
One work-around would be to mount the image and then copy all individual folders to the smaller target drive, but that would obviously take a lot of time and effort I would rather not spend.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or replies.