New Win8 Question
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 pm
I got my DVD Drive problem solved in Win8 as described in earlier post.
I also disabled Fast Start as recommended in these newsgroups to prevent
corruption. I have Win8 and Win7 installed using Bare Metal as boot manager.
I booted between both of them several times doing restarts and complete
shutdowns and also a couple times using Bootnow in each one last night.
I didn't get any chkdsh wanting to run last night.
I was in Win7 when I shut down last night. It don't shut down. I have the
Power Button set to Hibernate and do that for Win7 all the time.
I turned the computer on this morning and it was resuming from Hibernation
in Win7 and I got the chkdsk. After it ran, and booted into Win7, I then
tried to boot Win8 and get message about something wrong with PC. The
message was up only a second and couldn't get it all.
It then restarts and wants Win8 to do a repair. So I guess I got the
corruption problem. I didn't do the repair. I made an Image last night and
will restore to that tonight.
My question is:
Do you also have to have Win7's hibernation changed from hibernation to shut
down ? From what I saw in these newsgroups in the past was that the
hibernation with Fast Start was only with Win8.
Also want to mention that I turned off Fast Start in Win8 in Win8 after it's
first boot.
I then checked in Bare Metal in Partition Works in the Properties of Win8
and the button for disabling Fast Start wasn't there.
After Win8 problem as stated above, I then went back into Bare Metal and the
disable or turn off Fast Start is now there.
I had the corruption problems when I ran the Preview Win8 but at that time I
had seen the corruption problem in these newsgroups but didn't see about
turning off Fast Start. It was also installed with Win7.
I hate to have to remove my Win7 and only have Win8 on this hard drive till
I get everything running fine and my programs installed in Win8. I also have
two other drives that are Data drives.
Thanks,
Ed.
I also disabled Fast Start as recommended in these newsgroups to prevent
corruption. I have Win8 and Win7 installed using Bare Metal as boot manager.
I booted between both of them several times doing restarts and complete
shutdowns and also a couple times using Bootnow in each one last night.
I didn't get any chkdsh wanting to run last night.
I was in Win7 when I shut down last night. It don't shut down. I have the
Power Button set to Hibernate and do that for Win7 all the time.
I turned the computer on this morning and it was resuming from Hibernation
in Win7 and I got the chkdsk. After it ran, and booted into Win7, I then
tried to boot Win8 and get message about something wrong with PC. The
message was up only a second and couldn't get it all.
It then restarts and wants Win8 to do a repair. So I guess I got the
corruption problem. I didn't do the repair. I made an Image last night and
will restore to that tonight.
My question is:
Do you also have to have Win7's hibernation changed from hibernation to shut
down ? From what I saw in these newsgroups in the past was that the
hibernation with Fast Start was only with Win8.
Also want to mention that I turned off Fast Start in Win8 in Win8 after it's
first boot.
I then checked in Bare Metal in Partition Works in the Properties of Win8
and the button for disabling Fast Start wasn't there.
After Win8 problem as stated above, I then went back into Bare Metal and the
disable or turn off Fast Start is now there.
I had the corruption problems when I ran the Preview Win8 but at that time I
had seen the corruption problem in these newsgroups but didn't see about
turning off Fast Start. It was also installed with Win7.
I hate to have to remove my Win7 and only have Win8 on this hard drive till
I get everything running fine and my programs installed in Win8. I also have
two other drives that are Data drives.
Thanks,
Ed.