Thanks but I solved the problem. I searched around in the Microsoft Forums.
I found many had the same problem. Most them solved it by changing the SATA
port that the DVD Drive was on. In my case I changed it from #4 to #6 thus
leaving #4 and #5 empty. I have a hard drive on each of #1, #2 and #3.
Don't know why it made it work in Win8. It still works too in Win7.
In the forums they said something about Win8 looks for the DVD Drive as a
Slave. Changing from Slave to Master makes it work. I would think that
applied to IDE drives and SATA drives. But I changed mine around as I said
above and it now works and shows up in Computer.
Thanks again for your help,
Ed.
"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:13:00 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
"Ed."
disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>When I boot Win7 all is find and my DVD-ROM shows and works reading disc,
>etc.
>
>It's after I did a clean install of Win8, it don't appear anywhere with or
>without a disc in it.
I had a corruption issue with a vanilla install of Win 8. One of the
symptoms being I could not change the desktop. I had to run sfc
/scannow (which dumps a large folder or two on the drive) to fix it.
May help you.
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).