Windows 8 - Brand New PC - Unable to install/Setup BootIT
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 am
Hello,
I've been using BootIT with other operating systems and machines for some time now and haven't experienced problems like this before. I just got a new Dell PC with Windows 8 and went to install BootIT Bare Metal to image and then install more OS in other partitions.
After some playing with the BIOS, switching off UEFI Mode and using Legacy Mode instead. I could boot from a usb device, for some reason BootIT refuses to install and will not let me manually install the program and its own partition. The hard drive is 2TB in size, I've tried making specific BootIT partitions but the set-up button is always greyed out.
I have resized the 1.8TB partition containing Windows 8. I have also switched off the special fast boot mode for Win 8. I made a few BootIT OS partitions of various sizes and nothing appears to allow BootIT to install. I tried MBR and then EMBR mode neither helped. At one point Win 8 was refused to Boot any more after messing with the boot BIOS settings it decided to run again, very odd.
Looking at the partitions via BootIT in maintenance mode everything appears to be fine. Windows 8 is running now and i'm worried about messing with BootIT again.
The machine is a Dell XPS 8500
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.
I've been using BootIT with other operating systems and machines for some time now and haven't experienced problems like this before. I just got a new Dell PC with Windows 8 and went to install BootIT Bare Metal to image and then install more OS in other partitions.
After some playing with the BIOS, switching off UEFI Mode and using Legacy Mode instead. I could boot from a usb device, for some reason BootIT refuses to install and will not let me manually install the program and its own partition. The hard drive is 2TB in size, I've tried making specific BootIT partitions but the set-up button is always greyed out.
I have resized the 1.8TB partition containing Windows 8. I have also switched off the special fast boot mode for Win 8. I made a few BootIT OS partitions of various sizes and nothing appears to allow BootIT to install. I tried MBR and then EMBR mode neither helped. At one point Win 8 was refused to Boot any more after messing with the boot BIOS settings it decided to run again, very odd.
Looking at the partitions via BootIT in maintenance mode everything appears to be fine. Windows 8 is running now and i'm worried about messing with BootIT again.
The machine is a Dell XPS 8500
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.