Page 1 of 1
IFL copy/validate display oddities
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 pm
by EdBrady
I recently used IFL (GUI) v2.77 to copy data from one drive to another. I used the validate byte-for-byte option. The operation was successful, but the progress display was way off. The bottom progesss bar moved much too fast, and reached 100% about halfway through the validate operation. From there on, the bytes and time left showed very large numbers. I did this with three separate partitions, and it was the same each time. Fortunately, the process actually worked perfectly.
Re: IFL copy/validate display oddities
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:43 am
by TeraByte Support
is there a fat32 partition in there - it was probably off on the backup too.
Basically sometimes the freespace is misreported in the FAT32 structure
which causes issues with progress as the real usage is found during the
backup. chkdsk /f (scandisk) would fix it up (for the next backup).
"EdBrady" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I recently used IFL (GUI) v2.77 to copy data from one drive to another. I
used the validate byte-for-byte option. The operation was successful, but
the progress display was way off. The bottom progesss bar moved much too
fast, and reached 100% about halfway through the validate operation. From
there on, the bytes and time left showed very large numbers. I did this
with three separate partitions, and it was the same each time. Fortunately,
the process actually worked perfectly.
Re: IFL copy/validate display oddities
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 am
by EdBrady
TeraByte Support wrote:
> is there a fat32 partition in there - it was probably off on the backup too.
> Basically sometimes the freespace is misreported in the FAT32 structure
> which causes issues with progress as the real usage is found during the
> backup. chkdsk /f (scandisk) would fix it up (for the next backup).
No FAT32 -- all partitions are NTFS.