IfD included in BIBM issue
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:56 pm
I was having some trouble with a Linux distro, do was creating full
backups before I made any changes. I wanted to use the IfD included in
BIBM.
There was a quirk that stopped me using it. I have tested this on two
different PCs and the issue is present in both.
I was trying to create a full backup. All went as expected until the
selecting the destination drive stage. One selected the drive
destination, then one clicks 'next', the 'enter a filename for the
backup' box contains a filename as expected. The problem is that this
filename clears or disappears when one clicks on a folder in the
destination drive. The filename only remains when one backs up to the
root folder. Is this a bug or by design? Either way, it is not helpful
behaviour
.
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
backups before I made any changes. I wanted to use the IfD included in
BIBM.
There was a quirk that stopped me using it. I have tested this on two
different PCs and the issue is present in both.
I was trying to create a full backup. All went as expected until the
selecting the destination drive stage. One selected the drive
destination, then one clicks 'next', the 'enter a filename for the
backup' box contains a filename as expected. The problem is that this
filename clears or disappears when one clicks on a folder in the
destination drive. The filename only remains when one backs up to the
root folder. Is this a bug or by design? Either way, it is not helpful
behaviour
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).