Thanks.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message
news:
[email protected]...
> it's been installing two versions for quite a while, just no shortcut
> link.
> Use whatever works on your system, delete the other link so you don't get
> confused.
>
> "Walter B" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> So, it installs 2 versions on a 64 bit system? Why not just the 64 bit
> version on 64 bit OS? Perhaps a choice at installation would help. Do
> both
> versions show in Programs and Features? Can the one not being used be
> uninstalled?
>
> I'm confused.
>
> "TeraByte Support"
>
> wrote in message
> news:
[email protected]...
>> Because the third party protection layer on the 32bit version is older to
>> allow use on NT4 but causes lockups on some Win8 x64 systems, so we made
>> the
>> icon available for the x64 version that they can use instead (which has a
>> newer version of the protection layer).
>>
>>
>> "Ag76" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>>
>> I upgraded from IFW/IFD 2.76 to 2.77 tonight, and for the first time ever
>> two icons were added to my desktop. It appears one is 32 bit IFW and the
>> other icon is 64 bit IFW. I've never had but one version installed, and I
>> assumed it worked for both 32 and 64 bit windows, since I am running
>> Windows
>> 7 64 bit. Should I make images now using the 64 bit IFW? That may be a
>> dumb
>> question, but I'm confused as to why I now have two versions with the
>> upgrade to 2.77. Thanks.
>>
>>
>
>