IFD: Backing up to USB autostarts
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 am
It's the strangest thing, the computer that I'm currently working on is a strange puppy. My USB drive connected shows up as a drive under the normal BIOS area, but if you try to back it up this way, it runs REALLY slow (as in every minute it ticked along, it was growing an estimated 1/2 hour longer, and was at 38 hours to backup a 750GB drive with about 200GB on it).
Anyhow, this is where it gets really strange. If I pick USB with the drive connected, it hangs for a few seconds (and the keyboard is unresponsive) and once it finally detects the drive, it auto starts the backup process (as in plugs in the TBI filename and automatically clicks the Okay button it seems). I don't get to pick the options (such as setting a file description, choosing the compression method, validation, etc.).
Anyone ever run across this, and is there a work around for this? I would really like to validate the data it backs up, and also choose the compression method. The file description I can live without, but would definitely like to set those 2 things.
Thanks in advance.
Anyhow, this is where it gets really strange. If I pick USB with the drive connected, it hangs for a few seconds (and the keyboard is unresponsive) and once it finally detects the drive, it auto starts the backup process (as in plugs in the TBI filename and automatically clicks the Okay button it seems). I don't get to pick the options (such as setting a file description, choosing the compression method, validation, etc.).
Anyone ever run across this, and is there a work around for this? I would really like to validate the data it backs up, and also choose the compression method. The file description I can live without, but would definitely like to set those 2 things.
Thanks in advance.