Page 1 of 1

Hex code next to drive

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 am
by Retrospek
In IFD, there is the screen where you select which drive you want to backup, and I was curious, what does the Hex code in parenthesis next to the drive mean? At first I thought it was the serial number, but that doesn't seem to match up.

Thanks for any input on this.

-------------------------------------
Example:

HD0 (C2786B3C)
[ ] Boot Partition (01)
[ ] Data Drive (02)
[ ] Downloads (03)
-------------------------------------

The above is just an example, from what I could remember. The code is real, but the drive partitions are made up.

Re: Hex code next to drive

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
It's the disk signature.

Re: Hex code next to drive

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 am
by Retrospek
TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> It's the disk signature.


Ah, okay, thank you very much. :)