Win8 Upgrade
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 am
When it's released Friday, does anyone know if the advertised version of
Win8 Pro Upgrade for a limited time for $69.00 that all the stores and
online sites have has to have a version of Visa or Win7 installed to do the
upgrade ?
What I wanted to know is if you want to do a clean install, do you have to
install Vista or Windows 7 again to upgrade to Windows 8 ?
I don't know if I should get that Pro Upgrade or just wait for a full retail
version. I am not sure and can not find out if there is a full version or
not.
I prefer doing clean installs all these years rather then doing upgrades. In
the past before Vista came out you could use an upgrade disc to do a clean
install and you just had to provide a disc of a previous version of windows
to verify that you were entitled to an upgrade.
Thanks,
Ed.
Win8 Pro Upgrade for a limited time for $69.00 that all the stores and
online sites have has to have a version of Visa or Win7 installed to do the
upgrade ?
What I wanted to know is if you want to do a clean install, do you have to
install Vista or Windows 7 again to upgrade to Windows 8 ?
I don't know if I should get that Pro Upgrade or just wait for a full retail
version. I am not sure and can not find out if there is a full version or
not.
I prefer doing clean installs all these years rather then doing upgrades. In
the past before Vista came out you could use an upgrade disc to do a clean
install and you just had to provide a disc of a previous version of windows
to verify that you were entitled to an upgrade.
Thanks,
Ed.