Page 1 of 1

Can I run a hex/disk editor from the IFL boot?

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:49 pm
by Peabody
If I had a Linux hex/disk editor on an external drive, could I run it from the IFL CD session? How would I do that? (I know nothing about Linux.)

And how would I find such an editor that would run on the version of Linux used on IFL?

Re: Can I run a hex/disk editor from the IFL boot?

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:03 am
by TeraByte Support(TP)
Peabody wrote:
> If I had a Linux hex/disk editor on an external drive, could I run it from
> the IFL CD session? How would I do that? (I know nothing about Linux.)
>
> And how would I find such an editor that would run on the version of Linux
> used on IFL?

There is a hex editor on the IFL disk, and you can run it in a terminal window, e.g. hexedit -s /dev/sda.

(See the end of my post in your other thread.)

Edit: Here's a link to the man page for hexedit:
http://linux.die.net/man/1/hexedit