Backup Takes 30 Hours for 750GB
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 am
I have Image for Windows 2.65a. To image 750GB worth of HD movies on a 1TB drive using standard compression takes 30 hours.
- computer is not multi-tasking and is dedicated solely to backing up
- issue is not phylock. Phylock gets a lock right away.
- speed is not throttled. I have a quad core 3GHZ processor and all four cores are operating at about 75% of capacity in task manager
- the target and backup drives are same make/model: 1TB Western Digital 7200rpm. Operating system drive is a 300GB Velociraptor 10,000rpm
- all the settings in IFW, as far as I remember, are standard. I did'n't do any tweaking that I can recall.
- "Validate", "Validate Byte-for-Byte" and "Encrypt" option boxes are left unchecked.
- "Omit page file data" and "Omit hibernation data" options boxes are checked.
- Compression is "Standard"
This length of time does not seem right. Acronis takes perhaps 5 or 6 hours to backup. 30 hours seems way way too long.
Any ideas?
- computer is not multi-tasking and is dedicated solely to backing up
- issue is not phylock. Phylock gets a lock right away.
- speed is not throttled. I have a quad core 3GHZ processor and all four cores are operating at about 75% of capacity in task manager
- the target and backup drives are same make/model: 1TB Western Digital 7200rpm. Operating system drive is a 300GB Velociraptor 10,000rpm
- all the settings in IFW, as far as I remember, are standard. I did'n't do any tweaking that I can recall.
- "Validate", "Validate Byte-for-Byte" and "Encrypt" option boxes are left unchecked.
- "Omit page file data" and "Omit hibernation data" options boxes are checked.
- Compression is "Standard"
This length of time does not seem right. Acronis takes perhaps 5 or 6 hours to backup. 30 hours seems way way too long.
Any ideas?