restore to usb?
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 pm
OS = windows 2000sp4 installed to 7.5g ntfs partition c:\
ran IFW 2.74 to create image, all defaults selected, created image to d:\ -- no problems
formatted 16g USB stick as single ntfs partition (EASEUS latest reports no problems)
ran IFW to restore (normal)
selected image file partition (hdd greyed out)
options: -set active -update boot.ini -update boot partition -write std mbr -log results
IFW sees USB stick and restores to it, no problems reported
remove ide-sata drive connectors
in bios, select boot from USB ... no problems
windows 2000 loader completes initial text mode phase (where I have F8 option)
windows loader completes next vga mode phase (just before logon)
windows attempts to flip to logon but returns BBSOD (blue boot screen of death)
STOP - 0x7B - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
reformat UFD using MakeDisk (from w2k, ran c:\program files\terabyte\ifd\makedisk.exe ...)
same result = 0x7B
how do I restore a small system partition to a bootable USB partition?
would installing USBoot make a difference? (http://usboot.org)
can I use BING to multipartition a bootable USB?
ran IFW 2.74 to create image, all defaults selected, created image to d:\ -- no problems
formatted 16g USB stick as single ntfs partition (EASEUS latest reports no problems)
ran IFW to restore (normal)
selected image file partition (hdd greyed out)
options: -set active -update boot.ini -update boot partition -write std mbr -log results
IFW sees USB stick and restores to it, no problems reported
remove ide-sata drive connectors
in bios, select boot from USB ... no problems
windows 2000 loader completes initial text mode phase (where I have F8 option)
windows loader completes next vga mode phase (just before logon)
windows attempts to flip to logon but returns BBSOD (blue boot screen of death)
STOP - 0x7B - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
reformat UFD using MakeDisk (from w2k, ran c:\program files\terabyte\ifd\makedisk.exe ...)
same result = 0x7B
how do I restore a small system partition to a bootable USB partition?
would installing USBoot make a difference? (http://usboot.org)
can I use BING to multipartition a bootable USB?