BartPe Backup File Locks
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 pm
I have been using IFW for many years, most recent version 2.74. My recent encounter with was Microsoft SBS 2008 on a HP DL360 with a Raid Array using WinPE/BartPE to perform an offline SYSTEM DISK full backup. I've used this setup for several years on this computer, both online and offline, NO Problems.
My task last night was to image the system partition OFFLINE(WinPE/BartPE) for a Hard Drive upgrade. No sooner than I tried to start the Full Backup, I would get a 'Drive C locked' error. No problem right, just restart SBS 2008, run a chkdsk offline, clear locks, back to imaging, wrong, no matter what I have tried I CANNOT get C-Drive(system) to unlock. Keep in mind IFW is being run OFFLINE with WinPE, thus there shouldn't be any locks at all.
So my question to anyone that might have had this issue, when the notice "Abort, Ignore, Retry" comes up, is it safe to use Ignore because we are OFFLINE, SBS2008 is not running, and all locks should be clear.
I would appreciate any perspectives on this issue.
Wayne
My task last night was to image the system partition OFFLINE(WinPE/BartPE) for a Hard Drive upgrade. No sooner than I tried to start the Full Backup, I would get a 'Drive C locked' error. No problem right, just restart SBS 2008, run a chkdsk offline, clear locks, back to imaging, wrong, no matter what I have tried I CANNOT get C-Drive(system) to unlock. Keep in mind IFW is being run OFFLINE with WinPE, thus there shouldn't be any locks at all.
So my question to anyone that might have had this issue, when the notice "Abort, Ignore, Retry" comes up, is it safe to use Ignore because we are OFFLINE, SBS2008 is not running, and all locks should be clear.
I would appreciate any perspectives on this issue.
Wayne