IFD seems to be processing more files than it should
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 pm
I'm doing a copy of 3 of 4 NTFS partitions from my installed system drive to an external USB drive (I finally figured out the options to make the target drive bootable, but that's not the purpose of this message ...).
It all seems to work just fine, except that ALL of the three source partitions seem to be copied (i.e., including unused space), not just the part that is used (about 50% of the total).
Here is why I say this: The three partitions together are in total just about 50% of the capacity of the three partitions' maximum combined size, that is to say 111 of 210 GB are actually used (per drive properties in Windows Explorer). However, when IFD is copying, the running total of Data Copied/Data Remaining sums up to 207,323 MiB (and when it finishes this is still the number of total MiB it says was copied), even though I left the "Copy unused sectors" option unchecked. I'd love to have it take half the time that it actually did, so anyone know why this might be happening?
It all seems to work just fine, except that ALL of the three source partitions seem to be copied (i.e., including unused space), not just the part that is used (about 50% of the total).
Here is why I say this: The three partitions together are in total just about 50% of the capacity of the three partitions' maximum combined size, that is to say 111 of 210 GB are actually used (per drive properties in Windows Explorer). However, when IFD is copying, the running total of Data Copied/Data Remaining sums up to 207,323 MiB (and when it finishes this is still the number of total MiB it says was copied), even though I left the "Copy unused sectors" option unchecked. I'd love to have it take half the time that it actually did, so anyone know why this might be happening?