Page 1 of 1

Req IFD parameters for odd disk setup?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm
by carls2
My general question is how to backup rather complex looking partition structure with IFDgui. Specifically, my question is what options to select for IFD or should they all be left as defaults.

The computer is a new ACER aspire one (D257) with Win7 Starter that offers Android at bootup.

The harddisk shows the following map:

PQSERVICE Partition(01) 13312MB Windows RE
MBR 1 Partition(02) 4199MB FAT-32
System Reserved Partition (03) 100MB HPFS/NTFS
MBR 3 Partition (04) 287630MB Extended
Acer Volume (047f) 287630MB HPFS/NTFS

Can you see anything special that would make backing up use anuthing but the default parameters? I'm worried about the boot to Android, since I don't know where that is coming from (MBR or somewhere else?).

Thanks for any tips or tutorial refs.

Carls2

Re: Req IFD parameters for odd disk setup?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 pm
by TeraByte Support
These are public forums, ensure you don't post product keys.

Nothing special, you'd just backup like any other drive. You can use the UI
then click on the button to show the command line on the options screen.

"carls2" wrote in message news:[email protected]...


My general question is how to backup rather complex looking partition
structure with IFDgui. Specifically, my question is what options to select
for IFD or should they all be left as defaults.

The computer is a new ACER aspire one (D257) with Win7 Starter that offers
Android at bootup.

The harddisk shows the following map:

PQSERVICE Partition(01) 13312MB Windows RE
MBR 1 Partition(02) 4199MB FAT-32
System Reserved Partition (03) 100MB HPFS/NTFS
MBR 3 Partition (04) 287630MB Extended
Acer Volume (047f) 287630MB HPFS/NTFS

Can you see anything special that would make backing up use anuthing but the
default parameters? I'm worried about the boot to Android, since I don't
know where that is coming from (MBR or somewhere else?).

Thanks for any tips or tutorial refs.

Carls2


Re: Req IFD parameters for odd disk setup?

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm
by carls2
Quick follow-up please. Does your reply mean to keep all the default values "as is"? Same for the restore?

I checked but cannot see where I posted the product keys. Can you help me avoid this in the future by telling me where they are posted?

Carls2

Re: Req IFD parameters for odd disk setup?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 pm
by TeraByte Support
That will typically be fine.

"carls2" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Quick follow-up please. Does your reply mean to keep all the default values
"as is"? Same for the restore?

I checked but cannot see where I posted the product keys. Can you help me
avoid this in the future by telling me where they are posted?

Carls2