Page 1 of 1
Using PC when backing up
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm
by DrTeeth
I have always complained that backing up my working OS made it
unusable. Since changing both internal hard disks on either end of
this operation, I cannot tell IfW is running at all.
An unintended result as a bonus.
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Re: Using PC when backing up
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm
by Brian K
DrTeeth wrote:
> An unintended result as a bonus.
DrT,
Interesting. I've noticed strange results after changing HDs too. My Netboot had BING installed but the mouse wouldn't work. I upgraded to a larger HD and the mouse then worked in BING.
Re: Using PC when backing up
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 pm
by DrTeeth
On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:54:25 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
Brian K disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>DrTeeth wrote:
>
>> An unintended result as a bonus.
>
>DrT,
>
>Interesting. I've noticed strange results after changing HDs too.
>My Netboot had BING installed but the mouse wouldn't work.
> I upgraded to a larger HD and the mouse then worked in BING.
Another unintended bonus as we are mentioning them. My bootup is
faster. Now, I do NOT think that this is to the disk's performance at
all as I have not noticed anything like that speed up anywhere else.
My desktop now almost snaps to the screen...it used to grind into
place (often a sign of a corrupted icon cache file).
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Re: Using PC when backing up
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:29 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
How old were the other drives? If they were four years or more then the newer ones are probably quite a bit faster (for example, 120MB/sec. vs. 60MB/sec.).
Re: Using PC when backing up
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:03 pm
by DrTeeth
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:29:40 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
TeraByte Support(PP) disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>How old were the other drives? If they were four years or more then the newer ones are probably quite a bit faster (for example, 120MB/sec. vs. 60MB/sec.).
>
They were Samsung F3 SpinPoint 1TB drives, replaced by Seagate 2TB
ST2000DM 001-9YN164 ones.
--
Cheers
DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).