VSS and Phylock issues hanging
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm
I have the demo of Image for Windows installed on a Win2003 server.
Version is 2.73, i have the log option checked, but do not see log files in the program directory where imagew.exe is located.
I have run diskcheck on the volumes I am trying to backup. Both come back as being fine without errors. Both volumes are NTFS formatted. I am logged in as the local administrator.
I have used Paragon for backing up in the past from this account without issues with VSS. Paragon jobs can hang without warning and consume processor resources until they are terminated, hence my looking at Image for Windows as an alternative.
Everytime I start a backup, it gets to Locking the volume and it just hangs. I have left it there over 25 minutes without it progressing any further. It does the same thing whether I have VSS or Phylock selected and for either volume I select. I have not been able to make a single backup or even start one. I am trying to backup to a second local hard drive on the computer. If I look in the selected destination folder, it is completely empty. I end up having to kill Image for Windows and retry it. I did restart the server after the initial install of Image for Windows.
I looked in the Event Viewer and do not see any errors relating to Pyhlock or VSS being logged. I do see the Image for Windows demo countdown timer message and the message that it is starting the backup job. I see nothing else related to Image for Windows in the Event Viewer.
I have 19 days on the demo and it isn't looking good at this point. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!
Version is 2.73, i have the log option checked, but do not see log files in the program directory where imagew.exe is located.
I have run diskcheck on the volumes I am trying to backup. Both come back as being fine without errors. Both volumes are NTFS formatted. I am logged in as the local administrator.
I have used Paragon for backing up in the past from this account without issues with VSS. Paragon jobs can hang without warning and consume processor resources until they are terminated, hence my looking at Image for Windows as an alternative.
Everytime I start a backup, it gets to Locking the volume and it just hangs. I have left it there over 25 minutes without it progressing any further. It does the same thing whether I have VSS or Phylock selected and for either volume I select. I have not been able to make a single backup or even start one. I am trying to backup to a second local hard drive on the computer. If I look in the selected destination folder, it is completely empty. I end up having to kill Image for Windows and retry it. I did restart the server after the initial install of Image for Windows.
I looked in the Event Viewer and do not see any errors relating to Pyhlock or VSS being logged. I do see the Image for Windows demo countdown timer message and the message that it is starting the backup job. I see nothing else related to Image for Windows in the Event Viewer.
I have 19 days on the demo and it isn't looking good at this point. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!