restore logical data partition from XP to Win7?
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:05 am
Using IFL 2.72 currently. Will be moving data (not programs or software) from XP system to new Windows 7 system I haven't yet acquired. All my data is in non-system logical partitions. Probably a simple answer to this,but newbie to Win 7, but between XP systems, for partitions of the same size which were data (logical,not active, or primary), I could freely image logical data partitions and restore from one XP system to another as long as size the same. If I build at same or larger partitions in Win 7, can I move data to the new system with a IFL restore of a partition imaged with IFL from XP? Or do I have to copy all data files to external usb drive with teracopy or the like and then teracopy back into Win 7?
I read somewhere that Win 7 and Vista have different partitioning environments than XP, so wasn't sure.
I read somewhere that Win 7 and Vista have different partitioning environments than XP, so wasn't sure.