Page 1 of 1

PURGE OPTION

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 pm
by AlanD
I still don't understand why the Purge option behaves as it does. I am
running IFW with Purge option set to "2"

First day, after running program, I have one image in destination folder
Second day, after running program, I have two images (no deletions)
Third day, after running program, I have three images (no deletions)
Fourth day, after running program, I have two images (two deletions)

seems pretty inconsistent to me, and no, there was no running of image
program anywhere near midnight, where there is a date change, which
theoretically could interfere with deletion sequence

this is no big deal, but I like predictability in software

AlanD

Re: PURGE OPTION

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm
by AlanD
On 2012-08-23 12:27 PM, AlanD wrote:
> I still don't understand why the Purge option behaves as it does. I am
> running IFW with Purge option set to "2"
>
> First day, after running program, I have one image in destination folder
> Second day, after running program, I have two images (no deletions)
> Third day, after running program, I have three images (no deletions)
> Fourth day, after running program, I have two images (two deletions)
>
> seems pretty inconsistent to me, and no, there was no running of image
> program anywhere near midnight, where there is a date change, which
> theoretically could interfere with deletion sequence
>
> this is no big deal, but I like predictability in software
>
> AlanD
>
>
As a sidebar, I guess the program (IFW) is not only looking at "days",
but may also be looking at the "hour" , even though my command line does
not include "hours" in the destination file name: > imagew.exe /b /d:w0
/f:"%PATH1%\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$" /vb /purge:2



Re: PURGE OPTION

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:43 am
by TeraByte Support
correct, it's two full days (to the minute).


"AlanD" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

On 2012-08-23 12:27 PM, AlanD wrote:
> I still don't understand why the Purge option behaves as it does. I am
> running IFW with Purge option set to "2"
>
> First day, after running program, I have one image in destination folder
> Second day, after running program, I have two images (no deletions)
> Third day, after running program, I have three images (no deletions)
> Fourth day, after running program, I have two images (two deletions)
>
> seems pretty inconsistent to me, and no, there was no running of image
> program anywhere near midnight, where there is a date change, which
> theoretically could interfere with deletion sequence
>
> this is no big deal, but I like predictability in software
>
> AlanD
>
>
As a sidebar, I guess the program (IFW) is not only looking at "days",
but may also be looking at the "hour" , even though my command line does
not include "hours" in the destination file name: > imagew.exe /b /d:w0
/f:"%PATH1%\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$" /vb /purge:2


Re: PURGE OPTION

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:57 pm
by AlanD
On 2012-08-25 2:43 AM, TeraByte Support wrote:
> correct, it's two full days (to the minute).
>
>
> "AlanD" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> On 2012-08-23 12:27 PM, AlanD wrote:
>> I still don't understand why the Purge option behaves as it does. I am
>> running IFW with Purge option set to "2"
>>
>> First day, after running program, I have one image in destination folder
>> Second day, after running program, I have two images (no deletions)
>> Third day, after running program, I have three images (no deletions)
>> Fourth day, after running program, I have two images (two deletions)
>>
>> seems pretty inconsistent to me, and no, there was no running of image
>> program anywhere near midnight, where there is a date change, which
>> theoretically could interfere with deletion sequence
>>
>> this is no big deal, but I like predictability in software
>>
>> AlanD
>>
>>
> As a sidebar, I guess the program (IFW) is not only looking at "days",
> but may also be looking at the "hour" , even though my command line does
> not include "hours" in the destination file name: > imagew.exe /b /d:w0
> /f:"%PATH1%\$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$" /vb /purge:2
>
>
thanks for that feedback

AlanD