Page 1 of 1

Early days

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:58 am
by DrTeeth
Hi,

I have always found my PC virtually unusable when backing up. I have
just replaced two hard disks and the situation seems much better.
There is some sluggishness, but nowhere near as much as before.

Old setup:-
HD0 Samsung HD103SJ 1TB
HD1 Samsung HD103SJ 1TB
HD2 Samsung HD753LJ 750 GB

New setup:-
HD0 Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN1 2TB
HD1 Samsung HD103SJ 1TB
HD2 Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN1 2TB

I backup HD0 to HD2 and them mirror the HD2 backups to an external
USB3 drive.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).

Re: Early days

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:33 am
by Brian K
DrTeeth wrote:

> I backup HD0 to HD2 and them mirror the HD2 backups to an external
> USB3 drive.
> --

DrT,

I'm curious. What sort of rate (GB/min) do you get when copying an image to the USB3 HD?

Re: Early days

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:00 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:33:15 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
Brian K disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>I'm curious. What sort of rate (GB/min) do you get when copying an image to the USB3 HD?

Hi Brian,

70-120MB/s. USB 2 was 25-ish. The figures vary. I use Teracopy and
FreeFileSync, both of which report speeds. Let me know if would want
any more info.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).

Re: Early days

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:26 pm
by Brian K
DrTeeth wrote:

> 70-120MB/s. USB 2 was 25-ish.

Very impressive.