Unlimited Primaries Problem
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:47 pm
BIBM 1.09. 500GB internal hard drive.
Trying to have 6 primaries consisting of:
1 Bootit EMBRM
2 NTFS 50GB for W7
3 NTFS 50GB for W7
4 NTFS 50GB for W7
5 NTFS 40 GB for data
6 Extended for rest of disk containing 3 NTFS volumes of data
BIBM installed on drive with “yes” to Do you want to enable support for more than 4 primary partitions?
This setting is confirmed by the Limit Primaries option in settings being greyed out.
The problem arises when creating the boot menu. For example the boot menu for primary 2, the first NTFS 50 GB for W7. The boot field shows all the partitions (except Bootit) and I select partition 2 (the first W7).
Then I want to hide partitions 3, 4, and 6 (extended). In the MBR Details column there is only space for four items. I double click on 0) and insert Bootit, then similarly 2 in 1), 3 in 2) and hide it, and 4 in 3) and hide it. There is nowhere to enter partitions 5 and 6 (to be hidden).
Please can someone tell me I am doing wrong?
Also, must an extended partition be the last, or may I have another non-extended NTFS partition after it (for data)?
Trying to have 6 primaries consisting of:
1 Bootit EMBRM
2 NTFS 50GB for W7
3 NTFS 50GB for W7
4 NTFS 50GB for W7
5 NTFS 40 GB for data
6 Extended for rest of disk containing 3 NTFS volumes of data
BIBM installed on drive with “yes” to Do you want to enable support for more than 4 primary partitions?
This setting is confirmed by the Limit Primaries option in settings being greyed out.
The problem arises when creating the boot menu. For example the boot menu for primary 2, the first NTFS 50 GB for W7. The boot field shows all the partitions (except Bootit) and I select partition 2 (the first W7).
Then I want to hide partitions 3, 4, and 6 (extended). In the MBR Details column there is only space for four items. I double click on 0) and insert Bootit, then similarly 2 in 1), 3 in 2) and hide it, and 4 in 3) and hide it. There is nowhere to enter partitions 5 and 6 (to be hidden).
Please can someone tell me I am doing wrong?
Also, must an extended partition be the last, or may I have another non-extended NTFS partition after it (for data)?