On 2012-07-25 8:45 PM, TeraByte Support wrote:
> If you're not wanting to overwrite the same image, you'd use some of the
> file path variables (or have a script that does a custom one you want). But
> the date in the file name has nothing to do with the purge option itself.
>
> "AlanD" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> On 2012-07-24 7:34 PM, TeraByte Support wrote:
>> If you use the same file name it is overwritten, there would be no need to
>> use the purge option. purge option doesn't care about the file names,
>> just
>> the dates and extension.
>>
>> "AlanD" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>>
>> On 2012-07-20 11:15 PM, TeraByte Support wrote:
>>> no.
>>>
>>> "AlanD" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>>>
>>> When using the Purge option with IFW command line, must you also specify
>>> that the file name specified be in this format:
>>> "$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$-$~HHMM$"
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> AlanD
>>>
>>>
>> I don't agree with that advice, since if you don't use a file name which
>> consists of current date, then the next day when the image program is
>> run again, the previous file will be deleted, regardless of where /purge
>> option is set.
>>
>> For example this batch file:
>>
>> SET PATH1=D:\IMAGE
>> imagew /b /d:w0 /f:"%PATH1%\image" /purge:3
>>
>> what am I missing here?
>>
>> AlanD
>>
>>
> I understand that using same file name would cause the previous one to
> be erased, but it looks to me like we are right back where I started
> with my question about whether I needed to use the current date as a
> file name, and you said I didn't.
>
> If I didn't use the current date format for a file name, what would I use?
>
> color me confused
>
> AlanD
>
>
ah! now it makes sense. somewhat of a disconnect here.