Windows 7 restore different PC
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 pm
I am trying to restore a windows 7 64bit PC hard drive image I created with IFL onto a different PC.
I keep getting the message, "The target drive cannot be used because other partitions already occupy one or more of the target locations".
Message seems plain enough, but there are no partitions defined on the target drive. Did I not create the image correctly or what would the possibilities be? I have been able to create and restore images for XP computers with no problems. I mounted an external USB hard drive to select the image file from ( /dev/sdc1/, and then selected the physical drive for extraction (sda). I am sure the answer may be right in front of me, but what am I possibly missing?
Thanks
-Chris
I keep getting the message, "The target drive cannot be used because other partitions already occupy one or more of the target locations".
Message seems plain enough, but there are no partitions defined on the target drive. Did I not create the image correctly or what would the possibilities be? I have been able to create and restore images for XP computers with no problems. I mounted an external USB hard drive to select the image file from ( /dev/sdc1/, and then selected the physical drive for extraction (sda). I am sure the answer may be right in front of me, but what am I possibly missing?
Thanks
-Chris