Accessing TBI files with different OS
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm
Hello. When I have used IFL to create an image of the entire file system, i.e. all the partitions, of a openSUSE linux drive (I hope that is the right terminology), I cannot later access from within Windows when I click on the TBI file as I am able to do, for instance, when the backup image is of a Windows file system. I suppose that this is normal. However, I would like to access the data on this IFL backup image now from a different Linux OS, not openSUSE. Is this possible?
Normally, and for the majority of time, I use a Windows 7 64-bit OS. Occassionally, I make use of Linux and I have a machine that runs it, which I also use for a backup system. In the past I have never needed or tried to access the TBI file of the Linux drive, but I want to start using a different Linux OS on a different machine, and I would like to have access to the data if need be. Can this be done with the IFL image, and how does it manage the fact that one of the partitions on the openSUSE OS used system encryption, the password to which I had to enter during boot? Thanks.
Normally, and for the majority of time, I use a Windows 7 64-bit OS. Occassionally, I make use of Linux and I have a machine that runs it, which I also use for a backup system. In the past I have never needed or tried to access the TBI file of the Linux drive, but I want to start using a different Linux OS on a different machine, and I would like to have access to the data if need be. Can this be done with the IFL image, and how does it manage the fact that one of the partitions on the openSUSE OS used system encryption, the password to which I had to enter during boot? Thanks.