Problem with IFL (restore partition)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 pm
Hello,
at first I show which commands I use after I booted a IFL v2.72 cd-rom (created through makeISO and burned from a Windows 7 system):
Backup
--------
Backup - Full Backup - Linux Drive - ATA Samsung SSD 830 (sda) - [x] Win 7 Partition (01) 122102 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
File (Direct) - Linux Drive - /dev/mapper/isw_defjbddfga_Storage - Storage Partition (02) 3815323 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7.tbi
F6 for the command shows: imagel --b --d:l1@0x1 --f:l0@0x2:"/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7"
Ok, this Backup works fine so far.
Now for the restore:
------------------------
Restore - Normal - File (Direct) - Linux Drive - /dev/mapper/isw_defjbddfga_Storage - Storage Partition (02) 3815323 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7.tbi -
[x] Drive 122104 MiB - Partial
[x] Win 7 Partition (01) 122102 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
Linux Drive - ATA Samsung SSD 830 (sda) - Win 7 Partition (01) 122102 MiB HPFS/NTFS
F6 shows: imagel --r --d:l1@0x1 --f:l0@0x2:"/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7"
And now the problem:
On the last restore screen (where you can press F6 for show command) I have a "text field" on the right side of the screen:
[ Resize Partition ]
Min New Max
7883 _____ MiB 122103
The New field is empty.
When I start the restore with Next and Start it completes successfully BUT I won't have a single Win 7 partition on the SSD
drive like I had before but a separated, unformatted new partition in front of the Win 7 partition with (iirc) 7883 MB...
If I'd try to do the same again, this new partition get's extended to about 16GB, while the Win 7 shrinks for another 8GB...
How to avoid this behavior of IFL?
System:
128GB Samsung 830 SSD with only one Windows 7 partition (correctly aligned)
2 x WD 2TB as a RAID 0 array (array name: Storage) on the Z77 onboard SATA Controller
at first I show which commands I use after I booted a IFL v2.72 cd-rom (created through makeISO and burned from a Windows 7 system):
Backup
--------
Backup - Full Backup - Linux Drive - ATA Samsung SSD 830 (sda) - [x] Win 7 Partition (01) 122102 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
File (Direct) - Linux Drive - /dev/mapper/isw_defjbddfga_Storage - Storage Partition (02) 3815323 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7.tbi
F6 for the command shows: imagel --b --d:l1@0x1 --f:l0@0x2:"/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7"
Ok, this Backup works fine so far.
Now for the restore:
------------------------
Restore - Normal - File (Direct) - Linux Drive - /dev/mapper/isw_defjbddfga_Storage - Storage Partition (02) 3815323 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7.tbi -
[x] Drive 122104 MiB - Partial
[x] Win 7 Partition (01) 122102 MiB HPFS/NTFS -
Linux Drive - ATA Samsung SSD 830 (sda) - Win 7 Partition (01) 122102 MiB HPFS/NTFS
F6 shows: imagel --r --d:l1@0x1 --f:l0@0x2:"/Backup/Win7/x64/Win7"
And now the problem:
On the last restore screen (where you can press F6 for show command) I have a "text field" on the right side of the screen:
[ Resize Partition ]
Min New Max
7883 _____ MiB 122103
The New field is empty.
When I start the restore with Next and Start it completes successfully BUT I won't have a single Win 7 partition on the SSD
drive like I had before but a separated, unformatted new partition in front of the Win 7 partition with (iirc) 7883 MB...
If I'd try to do the same again, this new partition get's extended to about 16GB, while the Win 7 shrinks for another 8GB...
How to avoid this behavior of IFL?
System:
128GB Samsung 830 SSD with only one Windows 7 partition (correctly aligned)
2 x WD 2TB as a RAID 0 array (array name: Storage) on the Z77 onboard SATA Controller