tbwinre creation error
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:26 am
Hello I am kasinath.
i have tried recently to create tbwinre cd(option 2).I have down lioded the tbwinre zip file,extracted the directory in the J: partition.
entered my license key.(I am using image for windows 2,72 paid version). I have also changed the screen resolution setting (chgres64 -h1920 -v1080 -b32 -r60).
before running the script.(As per tutorial guidlines)
when run the script as a adminstrator with the option 2 ,it gave a error message as follows .
Please select the build mode to use from the following choices:
1- Modify the windows Recovery environment<WINRE> accessed via F8 when booting
2- Create a TBWINRE CD
3- Create a TBWINRE USB Flash Drive <UFD>
4- Exit script
Press the Number of your selection: 2
Locating WINRE image...
WINRE Location: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Recovery\WindowsRE
Finding available drive letter...
Assigning Z: to WINRE partition....
The 'winre.wim' file could not be found.
script aborted.
Press any key to continue....
My system is dell xps 8300 desktop .i7-2600.6GB RAM ,500gb hard disk. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
The disk partion structure is as follows.
First partion ---Dell OEM partion 39 MB--- no drive letter.
second partition--system recovery partition 13 Gb NTFS. no drive letter
Third system c(os)- 100GB- NTFS
fourth partion I: NTFS
fifth partition J: NTFS
I have blue ray writer and memory card slots.
I have installed WAIK 3.1(ie WAIK 3.0 with supplement) in my system.
I have used ifw linus boot cd made from ifw 2.71 version and took a full disk image backup in my Goflex disk external hard disk (before attemting 'tbwinre").
Note recently only I have isntalled 2.72 version.
From TBview of the disk image backup I could see the winre.wim file inside recovery partition and wiith in \recovery\winre directory.
Kindly help me how to go about creating the 'tbwinre cd'
kasinath
i have tried recently to create tbwinre cd(option 2).I have down lioded the tbwinre zip file,extracted the directory in the J: partition.
entered my license key.(I am using image for windows 2,72 paid version). I have also changed the screen resolution setting (chgres64 -h1920 -v1080 -b32 -r60).
before running the script.(As per tutorial guidlines)
when run the script as a adminstrator with the option 2 ,it gave a error message as follows .
Please select the build mode to use from the following choices:
1- Modify the windows Recovery environment<WINRE> accessed via F8 when booting
2- Create a TBWINRE CD
3- Create a TBWINRE USB Flash Drive <UFD>
4- Exit script
Press the Number of your selection: 2
Locating WINRE image...
WINRE Location: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Recovery\WindowsRE
Finding available drive letter...
Assigning Z: to WINRE partition....
The 'winre.wim' file could not be found.
script aborted.
Press any key to continue....
My system is dell xps 8300 desktop .i7-2600.6GB RAM ,500gb hard disk. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
The disk partion structure is as follows.
First partion ---Dell OEM partion 39 MB--- no drive letter.
second partition--system recovery partition 13 Gb NTFS. no drive letter
Third system c(os)- 100GB- NTFS
fourth partion I: NTFS
fifth partition J: NTFS
I have blue ray writer and memory card slots.
I have installed WAIK 3.1(ie WAIK 3.0 with supplement) in my system.
I have used ifw linus boot cd made from ifw 2.71 version and took a full disk image backup in my Goflex disk external hard disk (before attemting 'tbwinre").
Note recently only I have isntalled 2.72 version.
From TBview of the disk image backup I could see the winre.wim file inside recovery partition and wiith in \recovery\winre directory.
Kindly help me how to go about creating the 'tbwinre cd'
kasinath