Restoring a RAID-1 Array
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:45 am
As noted in thread http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... ?f=3&t=548, I have set up a RAID-1 array on the machine that I use as a server (Mail, VPN, Web etc). I obviously want this machine to be reliable and be able to recover from drive failures quickly (an hour or two at most). The RAID-1 array should help to achieve this, but I also want to be able to image the array and be able to restore the image. As I understand it, as long as the BIOS can see the RAID composite drive, IFW (or BING for that matter) should be able to image the drive. However, what about restoring? If I need to restore, will I need to have a RAID array in place or could I restore the RAID array's image to a single drive (of adequate size), whether it is IDE/PATA or SATA? My guess is that all these restore configuarations would work, though I am not sure.
Am I correct?
Thank you
GordonM
Am I correct?
Thank you
GordonM