IFW - Exchange Data Volumes ???
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:40 am
Hello everyone. I'm a huge fan of the product and have been using it for many years now. I'm slowing working my way to Virtual Machines and have settled on Citrix XenServer. Fantastic product. Anyway, I'm moved my servers over to it and one in particular has my concern. I've never used IFW to backup a running exchange server's Data partition. I'm quite comfortable with running a backup of the OS partition of MS Server with Exchange loaded on it... but what about the Exchange data volume?? I'm used to running a backup from a BING CD, or an Exchange specific backup package, like NTBackup or BackupExec. Anyone rely on using IFW, while Exchange is running? It usually takes about an hour. I'm worried some db tables will get messed up.
Anyway, thanks for listening! Let me know your thoughts.
with best regards,
Chuck
Anyway, thanks for listening! Let me know your thoughts.
with best regards,
Chuck