Image sets not possible under IFD
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm
Hello all.
I finally got around to updating to BootIt Bare Metal a few months back. Now that I have a little extra time, I've been playing with IFD to create a few backup images of a couple of partitions on my HD0 drive (I have one SSD and three internal HDD's installed in the case, plus one external 2TB USB3 HDD).
This works fine, but there clearly seems to be no option to create Image Sets as there was with the old BootIt NG. I mean, WTF? Why did you do this, Terabyte? How am I supposed to create image files of various partitions from one SSD and two HDD's all at one crack? As IFD is currently designed, I can only do one partition (ie, image) at a time. With the old image manager in BING, I created an image set to backup all relevant partitions to various image files on a separate, external HDD (ran it during the night) and all was done. Now, this doesn't seem possible.
Is this Terabyte's view of an enhanced/upgraded product?
G7
I finally got around to updating to BootIt Bare Metal a few months back. Now that I have a little extra time, I've been playing with IFD to create a few backup images of a couple of partitions on my HD0 drive (I have one SSD and three internal HDD's installed in the case, plus one external 2TB USB3 HDD).
This works fine, but there clearly seems to be no option to create Image Sets as there was with the old BootIt NG. I mean, WTF? Why did you do this, Terabyte? How am I supposed to create image files of various partitions from one SSD and two HDD's all at one crack? As IFD is currently designed, I can only do one partition (ie, image) at a time. With the old image manager in BING, I created an image set to backup all relevant partitions to various image files on a separate, external HDD (ran it during the night) and all was done. Now, this doesn't seem possible.
Is this Terabyte's view of an enhanced/upgraded product?
G7