Page 1 of 1
current file functionality
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 pm
by sewagepipe
when doing backups and the source drive has read errors, is there any way to tell which file(s) in are in the current unreadable block? I have an old version of Norton Ghost(11.5) that has this feature. It displays the current file being copied in real time. I still rather using IFD over Ghost though. So does IFD has such a feature or can such a feature be implemented in the future?
Re: current file functionality
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 pm
by TeraByte Support
it's not file based, you can get the lba and then use findlbaf.zip from the
terabyteunlimited.com ftp site to find the file using that lba (currently).
"sewagepipe" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
when doing backups and the source drive has read errors, is there any way to
tell which file(s) in are in the current unreadable block? I have an old
version of Norton Ghost(11.5) that has this feature. It displays the current
file being copied in real time. I still rather using IFD over Ghost though.
So does IFD has such a feature or can such a feature be implemented in the
future?
Re: current file functionality
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:44 am
by sewagepipe
thanks. i'll try this out.