Using BIBM to make multi-partioned USB thumb drive
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 pm
Hi Everyone..
I've used BING and BIBM for a number of years with great success. love this little program.
However, I've run into something on which I am stumped.
I do a LOT of system installs for my job, and I have a an extra 8gb USB thumb drive that I thought I would use for that purpose. The object was to install BIBM on the thumb drive, create partitions and then use the MSFT ISO download tool to load the DVD images on the partitions on the thumb drive. Then create a BIBM boot menu to simply select with OS I want to install.
Well, through some trickery I got BIBM to install on the drive on it's own partitions, and I created the remaining partitions using NTFS file system.
The issue is that I can not get windows to recognize the additional partitions. I googled this and apparently it has to do with Windows not recognizing extended partitions because the drive is marked as a removable drive.
Is there a way to use BIBM to accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thanks,
Michael
I've used BING and BIBM for a number of years with great success. love this little program.
However, I've run into something on which I am stumped.
I do a LOT of system installs for my job, and I have a an extra 8gb USB thumb drive that I thought I would use for that purpose. The object was to install BIBM on the thumb drive, create partitions and then use the MSFT ISO download tool to load the DVD images on the partitions on the thumb drive. Then create a BIBM boot menu to simply select with OS I want to install.
Well, through some trickery I got BIBM to install on the drive on it's own partitions, and I created the remaining partitions using NTFS file system.
The issue is that I can not get windows to recognize the additional partitions. I googled this and apparently it has to do with Windows not recognizing extended partitions because the drive is marked as a removable drive.
Is there a way to use BIBM to accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thanks,
Michael