Page 1 of 1

Image for DOS... to a zip drive?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:05 am
by Lysdexic
Are there older versions that support parallel zip drives or is there only USB Zip support? I am trying to image an industrial controller (486DX) that only has a single IDE header and BIOS settings for a single drive. Can't put another drive in it. And, I cannot remove the drive from the machine. But I can connect a zip drive to the machine via LPT. I can't find a single other imaging tool that will even boot on this impossibly old computer other than Image for DOS.

Re: Image for DOS... to a zip drive?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:21 am
by TeraByte Support
If you have the driver to make the zip drive show up with a drive letter,
you could save to that drive letter.

"Lysdexic" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Are there older versions that support parallel zip drives or is there only
USB Zip support? I am trying to image an industrial controller (486DX) that
only has a single IDE header and BIOS settings for a single drive. Can't put
another drive in it. And, I cannot remove the drive from the machine. But I
can connect a zip drive to the machine via LPT. I can't find a single other
imaging tool that will even boot on this impossibly old computer other than
Image for DOS.