Page 1 of 1

Windows ADK Installation Features

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:08 pm
by pablo
I updated my Win 11 Pro to v26H2. Now I want to install the latest Windows ADK (v10.1.26100.9457, September 2026) for my future TBWinPE builds. The nine default features suggested by Microsoft result in a huge 1.8 GB installation. Which features are necessary for TBWinPE builds and which features are safe to uncheck? Are 'Deployment Tools' all I need to install?

After installation, I'll follow up with the Windows PE Installer adkwinpesetup v10.1.26100.9457.
ADK Features.jpg
ADK Features.jpg (55.02 KiB) Viewed 102 times

Re: Windows ADK Installation Features

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:03 pm
by OldNavyGuy
Deployment Tools, then WinPE.

Re: Windows ADK Installation Features

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:44 pm
by Fracso
Remember that you only need the "10" folder. After installing WADK+PE, you can copy "10" to a location outside the OS partition, and uninstall WADK.