Page 1 of 1
Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 7:01 pm
by jack450
I'm using IFL ver3.24 Gui, and I know I should have updated long ago, but I don't do anything fancy with IFL. I just create an image every so often just in case the worst happens, and the version I'm using works perfectly with my Dell laptop running Windows 10 so I never felt the need to update. I just bought a new Dell 15 laptop DC1250 and booting the disk seems to work just fine until the screen goes completely black. I know the disk is ok, or at least ok booting up in my Windows 10 computer, so there must be some setting in Windows 11 that I don't know about. Any ideas?
Re: Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 7:31 pm
by OldNavyGuy
Likely a graphics driver issue.
Pick the lowest resolution available if IFL gets to the selection screen.
You might also need to change to legacy boot mode in the BIOS.
Re: Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 11:10 pm
by TeraByte Support
first thing you'd try is the latest version.
Re: Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 5:32 am
by jack450
I did in fact download a later version (3.64) and it booted up just fine. Unfortunately, this version made my TBIView and TBIMount obsolete so that something else I have to fix.