HOWTO: Optimise/Speed up boot of IFL ?
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 10:07 am
I'm looking to create a fast system freeze feature using BootIt/BootNow UEFI to automatically boot into IFL, do a MetaData + Changes only restore of C: partition, then reboot back into Windows.
Trying to speed up IFL boot process.
1) Minimize grub delay on display resolution menu: This can be easily done by changing timeout value in /boot/grub/grub.cfg
2) When it's detecting hardware, it goes through disk detection 5 times - How can I make it do this only once ?
Is there anything else I can do to make IFL boot up as fast as possible (NOTE: I don't require network or anything fancy - just need IFL to boot as fast as possible, so it can do the MetaData Restore with Only Changed Sector's) ?
Trying to speed up IFL boot process.
1) Minimize grub delay on display resolution menu: This can be easily done by changing timeout value in /boot/grub/grub.cfg
2) When it's detecting hardware, it goes through disk detection 5 times - How can I make it do this only once ?
Is there anything else I can do to make IFL boot up as fast as possible (NOTE: I don't require network or anything fancy - just need IFL to boot as fast as possible, so it can do the MetaData Restore with Only Changed Sector's) ?